Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sinful's Courtney Orange

     Well I know that Halloween is a ways off and that most people would have left this color for review at that time. I however do not celebrate Halloween and I felt like seeing what my first orange nail polish looked like on my hands.  This color Courtney Orange is from Sinful Colors 2009 collection.  
     Since this blog is for people like myself just getting into polishing I decided this time to show you what my hands look like from start to finish. I knew after a polish test that I would need to double up on the base coat. I always do a polish because I like to be able to sometimes where nothing but clear polish and need them to be white. A good base coat keeps the nails looking like the picture below. I also overlapped the base coat just to make sure that I could get any mistakes cleaned up easy.
     I only had to use two coats of the polish due to the richness of the color. I have to say this also went on without any streaks or splotches. I really liked this color and I am not a orange person. I think the color while vibrant is not loud. My accent nail was done with my dotting tools I purchased from amazon.com. I would like to say thank you to Teddi from the blog Teddi's Tips. I placed two drops of Caribbean Cocktail by Sephora by OPI on a piece of paper. I then took my large dotting tool and just dipped it in one time and then placed it on the nail. This was the first time that I used the tool and I found that I am going to need to find a way to make the polish thicker for the larger dot tool. The larger dots are the only dots that ran. They had more of a oval shape then circular one.
     Well until the next sinful moment have a great time.





1 comment: