Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Time Marbling

     I have always like nail polish but never thought I had the nails for it. I always felt like you had to have the perfect curved nails like in the blog Teddi's Tips to warrant polishing them. Plus I would never let them grow past nubs since they interfered with things like basketball, bowling, playing piano and most importantly at that time making a fist, LOL.

     A few years ago my child asked me to go my nails out because he thought my already pretty hands would look better with some nails. So I agreed to go them out. I started off painting solid colors. I changed my colors once every four days if they did not chip. I then moved on to a accent nail. I am now trying some of the techniques my friend Tedisa has told me. This is my first water marble.

     There are four colors in this water marble. I started with two coats of Jordana Garlic Growth Basecoat. I then in a small top 3/4 full of water put one drop of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Gunmetal, and two drops of the following; Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Purple Potion, Zoya Marina, and Sinful Colors Let's Meet. I finished with a top coat of Seche Vite.

   This being my first marble I am okay with the look. I did learn a few things. One is that not all colors even those made by the same company are not created equal. The Gunmetal would not spread like the other colors which made me over mix so a couple of the nails look muddy. I will never use that color first anymore. The Let's Meet spread the easiest which I probably would need three drops if used as the first color. I also found that the tape needs to pull the sides of the fingers down tight to get the sides of the nail. Also because the polish is wet if you don't like the marble you can remove it with the wipe of a slightly damp napkin within the first five to ten seconds tops.

    Well until next time keep on polishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment