Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Colored French Tip Mani

     So today I did a French manicure in non traditional colors. This was my first time trying this and I think it came out pretty good.
    
     I used Zoya Faith as my base color. I was not sure when looking at it on Zoya's website (www.zoya.com) that I would like it but at the time I was going thru some things and the name said so much to me. This beatuiful pink that is almost red really is not done justice on the web or just looking at it in the bottle. My only complaint is that it is a little streaky even at three coats.

     The tip is done in my third favorite color Gunmetal by Sally Hansen. I also used that color for my accent nail. I just could not resist. I adore the shimmer and the subtle blue in the gunmetal. I can say this mani takes a steady hand and some patience. I waited at least 40 minutes after the Faith dried before I placed the Orly french tip guides on the nail. A few suggestions for the tips, I would make sure when using the guides that you run a finger across the entire strip. If like myself you have cute chubby hands you will want to trim the guides so that the egdes don't run. Finally allow at least a seven minute dry time between coats to keep the guides from wrinkling up with moisture and allowing polish under the guide. After you remove the guide if you find that the line created is a bump put your top coat on in reverse and it will smooth that bump right out.

     So for all the first timers who are trying this just remember to set aside at least 1.5 hours for this manicure.


DISCLAIMER: All photos of human parts on this blog are for my use only. Any reuse without my writing consent is not allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment