Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Braided Mani

I am so proud of myself! I have been seeing people with this manicure for quite some time. My good friend at Teddi's Tips had this manicure a few months ago. Everyone I saw with the manicure had used tape or painted white tip guides and braided those. I wanted to do it free hand however, anyone that knows me knows I do not have one artistic bone in my body. This is why it has taken me so long to do this manicure and I got it right the first time out.

I used Avon Blue Royale Suede Nail Enamel for my base. This is a metallic matte polish (say that five times fast). Do not be scared when you see the polish go on wet and stay wet. Once completely dry it will be a matte finish.
My braids are done in Nubar Iris Dust and NYC Big Money Frost. I felt that the shine would be nice against the matte. I started each color at a angle and then just rolled my finger so that the polish was at a angle. I repeated the process with each color.
 
You can expect many more of these to come maybe even a full hand. Until next time keep on polishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment