Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Honors

     So this post is a day late but not a dollar short. While it is not my prettiest (in my opinion) one it is my most important one. I did a tribute to the armed forces. I did realize after carefully planning each finger that I forgot the National Guard. I will come up with something for them and display it in the near future.

     The order of the forces from thumb to pinkie finger are Marines, Coast Guard, Navy, Army and the Air Force.

     The marine nail is a cross between a braid or fishtail and a chevron pattern.  The colors used can be found in the Marine dress blues (hopefully the correct term).

Hot Hot Heat (red) - SinfulColors
All About You (gold) - SinfulColors
All Mighty (blue) - SinfulColors

     The coast guard nail was something new I tried with a toothpick. I started with the nail being covered in white. I then dipped the toothpick in the polish and while swirling the toothpick on the nail I turned it around to get the color to deposit.

Tokyo Pearl (white) - Sinful Colors
Courtney Orange - Sinful Colors
All Mighty (blue) - SinfulColors

     The navy nail was a free hand half and half nail that was pretty straight but one small curve in each had me go from a plan of stripes to dots.

Hot Hot Heat (red) - SinfulColors
Caribbean Cocktail (blue) - Sephora by OPI
449C (white) - Wet n Wild Wild Shine

     The army nail is my favorite. The base is white and then I sponged on the other colors using the tooth pick to make the black lines.

Tokyo Pearl (white) - SinfulColors
Mystery (brown) - Contrary Polish
Baker (khaki) - Cult Nails
Tempest (green) - SinfulColors

     The air force nail is not the true air force blue but more the color of the sky since that is where you can find them flying.

Toyko Pearl (white) - SinfulColors
Gorgeous (blue/green) - SinfulColors

 
Until next time keep on polishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment